Welcome to the 42nd Senate of the Academic Council.
Here you can review all the agendas, minutes, reports, and memorial resolutions for the 2009-10 year.
Andrea Goldsmith, Senate Chair
Andrea Goldsmith, the Stephen Harris Professor in the School of Engineering, received her B.S., M.S. and PhD in Electrical Engineering from U.C. Berkeley. A recipient of the inaugural prize for University Postdoc Mentoring at Stanford and fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, her research focuses on wireless systems and networks. Professor Goldsmith has served in the Senate for 8 years, including 2 years on the Steering Committee and 1 year on the Committee on Committees, as well as serving on the University Budget Group. She has been at Stanford since 1999.
42nd Steering Committee of the Senate
The Steering Committee (StC) of the Senate sets the Senate agenda, confers degrees for the Summer, Autumn and Winter quarters, and serves at Administrative Sessions of the StC to review undergraduate and graduate programs on behalf of the Senate. StC members are elected each year by the Senate. Joining Chair Goldsmith are
- Professor Andrew Fire, Pathology, vice chair
- Professor Anat Admati, Graduate School of Business
- Professor Lanier Anderson, Philosophy
- Professor Steven Boxer, Chemistry
- Professor Gordon Chang, History
- Professor Jeffrey Koseff, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Professor Virginia Walbot, Biology
- Provost John Etchemendy, ex officio
- Academic Secretary Rex Jamison, ex officio
Annual Academic Council Meeting
President Hennessy convenes the Academic Council faculty annually to deliver a state of the university address. The Senate Chair reports on the highlights of the Senate.
Information on parlimentary procedures, Senate charter and history of the Senate.