Welcome to the 32nd Senate of the Academic Council
Here you can review all the agendas, minutes, reports, and memorial resolutions for the 1999-2000 year.
Mark Zoback, Senate Chair
The Benjamin M. Page Professor in Earth Sciences and Senior Fellow at the Precourt Institute for Energy, Mark Zoback earned his PhD from Stanford. His research focuses on in situ stress, facult mechanics, and the occurrence of induced and triggered earthquakes. At Stanford since 1984, he has served in the Senate for 9 years, including 3 years on the Steering Committee and 1 year on the Committee on Committees.
32nd Steering Committee of the Senate
The Steering Committee (StC) of the Senate sets the Senate agenda, confers degrees for the Summer, Autumn and Winter quarters, and serves at Administrative Sessions of the StC to review undergraduate and graduate programs on behalf of the Senate. StC members are elected each year by the Senate. Joining Chair Zoback are
- Professor Brad Osgood, Electrical Engineering, vice chair
- Professor Phyllis Gardner, Molecular Pharmacology
- Professor Deborah Gordon, Biological Sciences
- Professor Craig Heller, Biological Sciences
- Professor Mary Pratt, Spanish and Portuguese
- Professor James Sheehan, History
- Provost John Hennessy, ex officio
- Academic Secretary Susan Schofield, ex officio
Annual Academic Council Meeting
The President convenes the Academic Council faculty annually to deliver a state of the university address. The Senate Chair reports on the highlights of the Senate.
Information on parlimentary procedures, Senate charter and history of the Senate.