Welcome to the 35th Senate of the Academic Council
Here you can review all the agendas, minutes, reports, and memorial resolutions for the 2002-03 year.
Henry Greely, Senate Chair
The Deane F. and Kate Edelman Johnson Professor of Law and, Professor, by courtesy, of Genetics, Henry Greely served on the Steering Committee and the Committee on Committees in addition to 11 years in the Senate. Professor Greely earned his JD at Yale and came to Stanford in 1985. His research interests include the ethical, legal and social implications of new biomedical technologies.
35th Steering Committee of the Senate
The Steering Committee (StC) of the Senate sets the Senate agenda, confers degrees for the Summer, Autumn and Winter quarters, and serves at Administrative Sessions of the StC to review undergraduate and graduate programs on behalf of the Senate. StC members are elected each year by the Senate. Joining Chair Greely are
- Professor Deborah Gordon, Biological Sciences, vice chair
- Professor Elizabeth Bernhardt, German Studies
- Professor Eamonn Callan, School of Education
- Professor Norman Naimark, History
- Professor Brad Osgood, Electrical Engineering
- Professor David Palumbo-Liu, Comparative Literature
- Provost John Etchemendy, ex officio
- Academic Secretary Edward Harris, ex officio
Annual Academic Council Meeting
President Hennessy convenes the Academic Council faculty annually to deliver a state of the university address. The Senate Chair reports on the highlights of the Senate.
Information on parlimentary procedures, Senate charter and history of the Senate.