Welcome to the 43rd Senate of the Academic Council
Here you can review all the agendas, minutes, reports, and memorial resolutions for the 2010-11 year.
David Spiegel, Senate Chair
David Spiegel is the Jack, Lulu & Sam Willson Professor at the Stanford School of Medicine where his research focuses on stress and health. Educated at Yale and Harvard, Professor Spiegel has served in the Senate for 7 years, including 2 years on the Committee on Committees. He has been at Stanford since 1976.
43rd Steering Committee of the Senate
The Steering Committee (StC) of the Senate sets the Senate agenda, confers degrees for the Summer, Autumn and Winter quarters, and serves at Administrative Sessions of the StC to review undergraduate and graduate programs on behalf of the Senate. StC members are elected each year by the Senate. Joining Chair Spiegel are
- Professor David Palumbo-Liu, Comparative Literature, vice chair
- Professor Martha Cyert, Biology
- Professor Hank Greely, Law
- Professor Brad Osgood, Electrical Engineering
- Professor Ramon Saldivar, English
- Professor Mark Zoback, Geophysics
- Provost John Etchemendy, ex officio
- Academic Secretary Rex Jamison, ex officio
Annual Academic Council Meeting
President Hennessy convenes the Academic Council faculty annually to deliver a state of the university address. The Senate Chair reports on the highlights of the Senate.
Information on parlimentary procedures, Senate charter and history of the Senate.