Welcome to the 29th Senate of the Academic Council
Here you can review all the agendas, minutes, reports, and memorial resolutions for the 1996-1997 year.
Michael Bratman, Senate Chair
The Durfee Professor in the School of Humanities and Sciences, Michael Bratman has served on the Committee on Academic Appraisal and Achievment, the Committee on Committees, and the Steering Committeee in addition to 12 years in the Senate. His research interests include the philosophy of action and moral philosophy. Professor Bratman received his PhD from Rockefeller University and has been at Stanford since 1974.
29th Steering Committee of the Senate
The Steering Committee (StC) of the Senate sets the Senate agenda, confers degrees for the Summer, Autumn and Winter quarters, and serves at Administrative Sessions of the StC to review undergraduate and graduate programs on behalf of the Senate. StC members are elected each year by the Senate. Joining Chair Bratman are
- Professor David Palumbo-Liu, Comparative Literature, vice chair
- Professor Linda Boxer, Medicine
- Professor Michele Elam, English
- Professor Susan Holmes, Statistics
- Associate Professor (Teaching) Jay Mitchell, Law
- Senior Fellow Stephen Stedman, Freeman Spogli Institute
- Professor Mark Zoback, Geophysics
- Provost Condoleezza Rice, ex officio
- Academic Secretary Susan Schofield, ex officio
Senate 29 roster by name
Senate 29 roster by electorial unit
Senate 29 seating chart
Senate 29 student representatives
Annual Academic Council Meeting
The President convenes the Academic Council faculty annually to deliver a state of the university address. The Senate Chair reports on the highlights of the Senate.
Annual Academic Council Minutes of November 7, 1996
Information on parlimentary procedures, Senate charter and history of the Senate.